The total curriculum is carefully coordinated T.K. through 8th grades. Teachers evaluate and review curriculum areas cyclically according to the Archdiocese guidelines and participate in the WASC/WCEA accreditation process cyclically. St. Charles Borromeo meets the Los Angeles Archdioceses curriculum standards and Common Core.
Curriculum for all grades include:
- Physical Education
- Social Studies
- Field Trips
Spiritual Development includes:
- Weekly Masses
- Liturgical celebration
- Christian service programs
PROGRESS REPORTS and REPORT CARDS
Students in grades one through eight receive progress reports at the interim of each quarter and report cards at the close of each quarter. Kindergarten students receive progress reports at the close of each semester. All parents are expected to attend a parent - teacher conference scheduled in November.
STUDENT LEARNING EXPECTATIONS
A St. Charles Borromeo School student strives to be...
A Committed Catholic
- Who demonstrates a basic knowledge of the teachings of the Church
- Who models Christian behavior
- Who is an active member of their school, Church, and community
- Who develops a personal relationship with God through worship and prayer
An Academically Prepared Student
- Who reads and thinks critically
- Who writes and speaks effectively
- Who solves problems
- Who demonstrates a knowledge of the arts, languages, and science
A Life-Long Learner
- Who makes responsible decisions
- Who respects all people and living things
- Who is able to work cooperatively, demonstrating a sense of understanding and respect for others
- Who takes responsibility for their own learning and for their own actions
All students have field trips planned throughout the school year. All trips are aligned with the grade level standards and enrich the curriculum. Some programs are scheduled at the school site and others require the students to ride a school bus to their destination. Student field trip permission slips are required for students to attend a trip off campus.